How it works
Jobs for Life is a global nonprofit organization that believes the Church is uniquely equipped to address the devastating effects of unemployment and poverty by helping all people experience the dignity of work. Through honest relationships, mentoring, Biblically-based training and an ongoing community of support, Jobs for Life prepares and equips students for meaningful work.
what will we talk about?
At Jobs for Life at Schweitzer, we know that it takes more than just a complete resume to nail an interview and land a job, that's why we take a holistic approach—developing character traits as well as job skills.
- Respect for authority
- Taking responsibility
- Vocational planning
- Job search techniques
- Resume building
- Interviewing skills
- Effective communication
- Customer and employee satisfaction
What's a session like...
For me, Jobs for Life is confidence. Jobs for Life is hope. And Jobs for Life is value. It's an amazing opportunity to learn who you are in the Lord. To learn to present your skills and the value that you bring to employers. It's an amazing opportunity to learn about yourself.
I love to teach people and build people up, so every time I leave I always feel fulfilled. I like to give my time. I can be a little self-centered at times so it helps me get an opportunity to help others out a bit. Every time I go, I am able to teach people, but I also learn a lot myself.
Curriculum and Schedule
The Jobs for Life curriculum is an engaging 8 week journey that can help anyone find, keep and excel at a job. It combines work-readiness training and biblical principles under the guidance of dedicated Christian mentors. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00pm-8:30pm.
- Welcome, Let’s Get Started
- Why should I take This Journey?
- What Do I Bring to the Journey and What do I Still Need?
- Who is Driving?
- How Do I Plan My Journey? (Vocational Planning)
- How Do I Find My Destination? (Job Search)
- What Can I Expect When I Reach My Destination? (Workplace Culture)
- What Are the Physical Roadblocks Along the Journey?
- What Are the Emotional Roadblocks along the Journey?
- What Do I Need On the Journey? (Part 1)
- What Do I Need On the Journey? (Part 2)
- How Do I Ask for Directions? (Interview Practice)
- How Do I Know I Am Going in the Right Direction?
- What Happens If I Make the Wrong Turn?
- How Do I Stay On the Journey at Work?
- How Do I Stay On the Journey at Work? (Part 2)
- Graduation Night
Contact Scott Warren today with any questions you may have about the Jobs for Life program at Schweitzer!
ALEC KNOPFVIDEO PRODUCER
"I have a passion for helping people engage spiritually through creativity and digital media"