God is our Refuge | PART 5 | Rest| Psalm 46
What is one way you have seen God at work in your life this last week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
- Do you find it easy or difficult to be still in life?
- I will be exalted among the nations. God’s purposes will be accomplished. What are some things you are facing that you need to be reminded of this truth?
- Listen to the invitation to rest in the promise of God. What usually stands in the way for you to rest in God’s promise of being sovereign?
2 Kings 6:16-17
“Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
- Elisha knows God is doing more than we can see or understand. When is a time you have experienced God doing more than you can see or understand?
- What is the biggest challenge to living with a perspective that God is doing more than we can see?
The Lord’s Prayer | Matthew 6:9-13
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
- Why do you think the Lord’s Prayer starts with praise of the Father and ends with prayers of rescue?
- Do you have a tendency to invert the Lord’s prayer to focus on the rescue and ignore the praise of the Father?
- What is one thing you can do this week to rest in God’s promises?