Discussion Guide | Why? | The Good Life | Genesis 2
How would you describe a perfect day?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
Read Genesis 2:4-25
Not good for the man to be alone.
- The first thing in the Bible that is “not good” is the man’s loneliness. What does this teach us about how life is supposed to be lived?
- Why do you think so many people today struggle with loneliness? What role can the church play in combating this loneliness?
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother will be united with his wife and they will become one flesh.
- The biblical vision of marriage is about being united. What are some of the enemies of being united in marriage?
- How do you see this verse running counter to our cultural ideas of marriage?
Life in the garden: God is in the center
- At the center of life in the garden is God. What does it mean to you for God to be the center of your life?
- What are some of the things you find tempting to put in the center of your life (i.e. a certain relationship, work, money, reputation, etc)?
- What are some practical ways to work to make sure God is in the center of your life?