Discussion Guide | Fruit of the Spirit | Faithfulness
What is one way you’ve seen God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
Read Psalm 25:10, Psalm 33:5, Isaiah 55:3
- What do these passages teach us about the faithfulness of God?
- What other Bible passages come to mind about God’s faithfulness?
- Reflect on your own life. How have you personally experienced God’s faithfulness?
- How do you think most people (especially non-Christians) define the word ‘faith’? How do you define the word ‘faith’?
- Why do you think we sometimes think of our faith and our deeds as separate?
- How do you understand the relationship between faith and deeds?
- Reflect on this point from the message: everyone has a belief system, it is shown in our actions. What do you think the following actions reveal about what we actually believe?
- Being overwhelmed with worry
- Harboring resentment
- Accumulating without practicing generosity
- Living with an entitled mentality
- Seeing myself as a victim
- What are some practical steps we can take to close the gap between what we say we believe and how we actually live?