REVELATION | PART SEVEN | LAODICEA| REV 3:14-22
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What stands out to you from Jesus’ message? Why?
- What does “lukewarm” mean to you? What other words come to mind when you think about being lukewarm?
- “‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth…” How can accumulation of wealth lead us to become lukewarm?
- “I do not need a thing.” How can self-reliance lead us to become lukewarm?
- What stands out to you from the throne room of God?
- Reflect on the significance of the four living creatures (representing strength) and the 24 elders (representing honor) all worshiping God. What does this teach us about our own response to God?
- Reflect on the significance of Jesus knocking on the door (Rev 3:20) and the open door in heaven (Rev 4:1). What is Jesus inviting us to? How do we receive this invitation?
Q. What is the chief end of man?
- Man’s chief and highest end is to glorify God, and to fully enjoy him forever.
- How do you think most people in our culture today would answer the question “what is the chief end of man?”
- What does it mean for you to “fully enjoy him forever.”
- How well does this answer describe the purpose of your life right now?