Give Thanks | Week 2
What is one way you have seen God at work in your life this last week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
Read Psalm 107:1, 10-16
- The Psalmist describes four scenarios where people cry out, “Lord Help!”
Has this ever been your prayer? How did God answer your prayer?
- In 107:11 the Psalmist notes that some are imprisoned because, “They rebelled against the word of God.” How does this text shape your thoughts? The Psalmist implies that all of us will find moments when we are lost, it is a universal experience. Can you see the depth and width of God’s mercy to reach out to anyone who has been lost or imprisoned?
- In the sermon this week, we had LaDonna Greiner share her story about being lost in the woods overnight. How does her story intersect with the story of your life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1.8-10 – How does Paul’s experience reflect the Psalmist’s, LaDonna’s and yours? Paul says, “We stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.” Is there an area of your life where you need to rely only on God? How can we pray for one another about this? Share with each other.
- Closing Prayer