What is one way you’ve seen God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
• What stood out to you in the sermon?
• What insights did you gain?
• What questions did it raise?
The fruit of the Spirit is self-control.
• What does self-control mean to you?
• Self-control can be a counter to Paul’s list of the normal/sinful nature in Gal 5.19-21. Considering Paul’s list of vices, how is the fruit of self-control curative for our souls?
• Self-control can be a virtue we work on, and Paul goes beyond our effort to call it a fruit of the Spirit. How do you imagine the Spirit growing self-control as a fruit in the follower of Jesus?
⁃ In Acts 16 Paul & Silas are arrested, beaten, and imprisoned and at the end of the night they break into prayer and song. How does their experience and reaction challenge you? How/Where could you have applied their response this past week?
John 15.5 Those who remain in me will produce much fruit
⁃ What are helpful ways (i.e. Spiritual Disciplines) you’ve walked in to abide in Christ?