Discussion Guide | Why? | Pride Comes Before the Fall | Genesis 11
What’s the tallest tower in the world?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
Read Genesis 11:1-9
- Think about where we’ve been in this series. Genesis 12 introduces a new section focused on Abraham. Why is it significant that the Tower of Babel wraps up this section on creation and the fall?
- Bricks are a new technology. What are some ways you see people blaming technology for problems in the world?
- What does it teach us about the human condition, that we would use a new technology to indulge our sinful nature?
- What are some modern examples of how people try to go around God?
- The tower results in division through language. Sin always creates separation. How have you experienced this truth in your life?
- The birth of Jesus’ church is the opposite of the Tower of Babel. What does this teach us about Jesus’ work in the world?
- What are some ways we can better live into the vision Jesus has for the church to be the place for healing, redemption and salvation?