Discussion Guide | Come Follow Me | We Serve Our Community| Matthew 25:40
What comes to mind when you think of “serving our community”?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What stands out to you from this passage?
- What do you think motivates the “sheep” to serve those in need?
- In context to the rest of Jesus’ message in Matthew 25, the “goats” could easily be religious people. How can a religious person who claims God’s grace fail to serve those in need?
- How well do you feel this reflects your life?
- When are times you live into this teaching? When are times you fail to live into this teaching? Are there times it’s easier to serve than other times?
“Nothing has contributed to the progress of the superstition of these Christians as their charity to strangers, the impious Galileans provide not only for their own poor but for ours as well.” (Emperor Julien of the Roman Empire)
- What is your response to this description of the early Christians?
- What are some ways you see Christians living into this witness today?
- What are some opportunities in your life God is calling you to serve others?