Discussion Guide | Come Follow Me | We Engage in Evangelism| Mark 16:15
Who is someone who inspires you by their ability to share their faith? What makes them so effective?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- “Go into all the world..” Another way to think about this is to go into every person’s world. What are some ways you think Christians could do a better job sharing the good news in ways that connect to different people in our local community?
- “…preach the gospel to all creation.” The gospel is for everyone. Who are some people Christians are normally reluctant to engage or form relationships with? What does this call teach us about those we discount?
- How do you feel about this call to preach the gospel in your life? Do you feel at ease in this call? Maybe intimidated? Why?
- What stands out to you about Philip’s actions?
- What do you think Philip thought would happen when he “ran” up to the chariot?
- Why do you think Philip doesn’t automatically begin to tell the Ethiopian about Jesus?
“Too often churches have understood themselves to be taking God to a godless world rather than following God into a world in which God is already redemptively present.” George Stroup
- What are some ways you’ve seen God be “redemptively present” in your life (before you knew Christ) or someone you know who doesn’t know Christ?
- What would change in your life if you began to see God redemptively present in the world?
- If God is redemptively present in the world, what is our role in evangelism?
- If God is redemptively present, evangelism really begins in prayer. Who is one person in your life you can pray for this week to come to faith in Christ?