SERMON ON THE MOUNT | PART TWO | SHINE BRIGHT| MATTHEW 5:13-16
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
You are the salt of the earth. You are the light of the world
- How do you feel about Jesus declaring this about you without qualification (i.e. you ‘ought’ to be the salt of the earth)?
- What do these two statements say about what Jesus intends for us and how he sees us?
- How well would you say you are doing living into Jesus’ vision for you as salt and light?
Do not conform to the pattern of the world… (Romans 12:2)
- What does it mean to you to be conformed to the pattern of this world?
- What are some ways that you see modern Chrsitians conforming to the world?
- What are some ways that you personally are tempted to conform?
…but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Romans 12:2)
- What does the word ‘transform’ mean to you?
- How have you experienced God’s transforming power in your life?
- What are some ways that you could cultivate transformation in your life this week?