SERMON ON THE MOUNT | THIS IS HOW YOU PRAY| MATTHEW 6:5-14
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What motivates people to want to “be seen by others” when they pray?
- What does it mean for you to “close your door, go to your room” and pray in secret?
- The pagans “think they will be heard for their many words.” How do you see Christians demonstrating this same kind of attitude?
- Notice the simplicity of the Lord’s Prayer. Why do you think Jesus gave us such a short, simple, and direct prayer?
- How do you feel about your prayer life?
- How do you think God feels about your prayer life?
- What is one step you can take this week to a more meaningful and satisfying prayer life?