What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?Gathering Prayer. Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
Read Matthew 7:7–12
- What stands out in these verses?
- What is most challenging to you about these verses?
- What impact has the “Golden Rule” had on your life?
Andrew Murray suggested that Jesus returned to the topic of prayer because we have a natural doubt and distrust toward God and that we are comfortable praying, but not so much in waiting to receive an answer.
What do you make of Murray’s assessment? How do the words ASK, SEEK, KNOCK resonate as encouragement in prayer?
- Pastor Jason suggested that prayer is the fuel that readies our hearts so we can do the good of doing to others what we’d like done to us. How has prayer played a part in your doing good to others?
Pray for one another, and bless one another in closing.