Discussion Guide | DAVID | The Covenant | 2 Samuel 11-12
What is one way you have seen God at work in your life this past week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
2 Samuel 11
- Pay attention to David’s complacency in the opening verses (he stays in Jerusalem, instead of leading the troops). Why do you think devoted, faithful people like David become complacent in life?
- How do we know if complacency is sneaking into our lives?
- What are some things people can do to combat complacency?
2 Samuel 12
- Reflect on the courage of Nathan. What do you think he was feeling and thinking as he went to the palace to confront David?
- How could David miss a message that is obviously about him? How does self-deception lead us away from God’s truth?
- David decides to confess. Why is it important to confess sin? Why do so many people avoid confessing sin?
- What words, phrases, or ideas stand out to you from Psalm 51?
- Pay attention to the opening three verses. David uses three words to describe God’s character: mercy, unfailing love, compassion. How does knowing God’s character help us know how to deal with our sin?