REVELATION | PART ONE | EPHESUS| REV 2:1-7
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What stands out to you from Jesus’ message? Why?
- What does it mean to “forsake the love you had at first?”
- What can cause us to lose our love for God?
- What are some ways you work to keep your love for God?
The Almost Christian.
“…being almost a Christian, is, the having a form of godliness; … the having the outside of a real Christian. Accordingly, the almost Christian does nothing which the gospel forbids. He taketh not the name of God in vain; he blesseth, and curseth not; he sweareth not at all… he profanes not the day of the Lord…avoids all actual adultery, fornication, and uncleanness…abstaining both from detraction, backbiting, talebearing, evil speaking…”
- Have you experienced being an “almost Christian”?
- How would someone break out being an “almost Christian”
The Altogether Christian.
“The love of God.”
- The mark of an altogether Christian is the love of God. How do you grow more in love with God?
- What would you tell someone who wanted to become an altogether Christian? What are some practical steps they could take?
Revelation 21:1-7, 22:1-5
- What do these passages tell us about God’s intention for us?
- What difference does it make to you to have the paradise of God as the vision for your life?