REVELATION | PART ONE | EPHESUS| REV 2:8-11
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What stands out to you from Jesus’ message? Why?
- Read Revelation 2:10 again. If you were facing severe persecution, how would you respond to these words?
- Why do you think God allows his people to endure persecution?
- “The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.” How often do you tend to see events on earth as spiritual realities? Why or why not?
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- How can having an eternal perspective give us courage and strength in the face of suffering?
- What do these verses teach us about Jesus?
- How does this picture of Jesus compare to how most people see him?
- Revelation 20:10, “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” If you were suffering severe persecution, what would this battle mean for you?
- How can the Christians in Smyrna encourage you to be faithful in what you are facing right now?
- What is an area of your life that you need to have an eternal perspective?