Discussion Guide | Easter 2023 | John 20:1-17
What is one of your favorite Easter traditions?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
The Empty Tomb | John 20:1-9
- Why do you think Peter and John ran for the tomb? What do you think they expected to find?
- If you had been Mary, Peter, or John, what thoughts would have run through your mind when you discovered the empty tomb?
Mary Magdalene | John 20:10-17
- Put yourself in Mary’s shoes. What is she experiencing? What is she thinking? Do you think she thinks the others will believe her that Jesus is alive?
- Think about Mary’s troubled background. Luke 8:2 tells us that Jesus had cast seven demons out of Mary. What does the resurrection mean for Mary?
Romans 6:6-11 (read it from The Message if you can)
- What stands out to you from this passage? What encourages you? What challenges you?
- How does the resurrection of Jesus bring change into our life? How have you experienced this personally? How are you currently experiencing this?