REVELATION | PART 3 | PERGAMUM| REV 2:12-17
What is one way you have experienced God at work in your life this week?
Father, by Your Spirit, would you guide us into all truth. Help us to hear and be attentive to Your voice as we work through this study. In the name of Jesus, Your Son, we pray, Amen.
- What stood out to you in the sermon?
- What insights did you gain?
- What questions did it raise?
- What stands out to you from Jesus’ message? Why?
- NT Wright, “One way or another, the problem in Pergamum is that much of the church has lost its cutting edge, its ability to say ‘no’ to the surrounding culture.” How do you see the problem in Pergamum relating to the modern church in America?
- Notice the purpose behind the mark of the beast in v17: to buy or sell in the market. How willing do you think most Christians today would be to give up their ability to buy or sell in the market?
- What does it mean to you to have your mind transformed?
- How does a transformed mind lead us away from being conformed to the world?
- How are you experiencing the transformation of your mind in this current season of your life?
- The “mark of the lamb” stands in contrast to the “mark of the beast.” The “mark of the lamb” is going to lead us to live differently than the world. What are some ways that you can know you are conforming to Christ and not the beast/culture?
- How can the Christians in Pergamum encourage you to be faithful in what you are facing right now?
- What are some practical steps we can take to not conform to the culture around us?